Milk Quality Lab
Milk samples are cultured for all common mastitis pathogens however the uncommon pathogens are also identified and reported out as well to aid in the treatment and prognostication of the mastitis event.
- Identification of all bacteria cultures reported to the genus level (i.e.: E.coli, Bacillus spp., Serratia spp., etc.)
- All contagious bacteria specifically reported (ie: Strep ag, Staph aureus and Mycoplasma spp.)
- Quantitative counts conducted and reported on ALL positive bacteria cultures to aid in treatment and prognosis of the cow.
- Special procedures taken on tank/string samples used for monitoring to count the number of staphs, streps and coliform organisms.
- Mycoplasma culturing available
- Online access available for milk sample results (password required).
- Results can be downloaded in some dairy management software packages (ie: DairyComp 305)
To learn more about delivering samples to the lab, visit the Laboratory page.
Questions may also be submitted through our online contact form.