Welcome to The Dairy Authority
Welcome to DairyMD.com, the web site for The Dairy Authority. This web site contains information about The Dairy Authority, LLC, its veterinarians and its lab. There is more information for the lab at The Dairy Authority lab. If you have any questions please send an e-mail to Dr. Greg Goodell or go to the contact page to request additional information.
Office hours for The Dairy Authority Lab
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday-Sunday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM for sample submission (After hours submissions can also be arranged).
2014 Farm Bill
A Farm Bill was finally passed in early February that will have some positive impact on vet medicine and agriculture.
1. It authorizes up to $15 million annually for the National Animal Health Laboratory Network (NAHLN).
2. It authorizesi up to $10 million annually to establish a new competitive Veterinary Services Grant Program, which will complement the existing Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program.
3. It expands the Animal Health and Disease Research/1433 Formula Funds, which have traditionally focused on animal health and disease research, and will now include a competitive grants program that will focus on three areas: food security, One Health and stewardship.
4. It establishes a Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research, which would provide $200 million in funding for new research projects aimed at addressing key problems of national and international significance.
5. It reauthorizes up to $2.5 million annually for the Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank (FARAD).
6. It reauthorizes up to $700 million annually for the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI), which provides grants for research, education and extension work into sustaining all components of U.S. agriculture.
7. What's perhaps the most important aspect to our clientele is the margin protection for Dairy Producers. See a synopsis of margin protection by Dr. Chuff by clicking the link Milk Producer Margin Protection in the 2014 Farm Bill. It shows a brief overview of what it means and the calculations behind it!
The Dairy Authority is a unique food animal practice utilizing the specialties of our veterinarians, microbiologists and veterinarian technicians. There is a combined 50 years experience in the dairy industry between the veterinarians and one of the best laboratory staffs around. Our goal is vertical integration so that each client has veterinary services personalized to his or her needs.
In addition to our on-farm clinical work The Dairy Authority is a respected name in consulting services. Our group includes individuals recognized nationally in many aspects of dairy management and production medicine. The scope of these services is not limited to Colorado so we find ourselves traveling abroad often. Areas of expertise include but are not limited to mastitis, reproduction, calf/replacement heifer operations and BVD. Our consulting group is focused around improving our client’s business. We feel there is no such thing as a “typical” problem and every single dairy's needs and solutions are different.
We also have a Research division. Research projects have included everything from nutrition and vaccine studies to disease and management topics. Our staff has the ability to design clinical trials from the ground up or assist in managing a study or project already designed. We are often responsible for planning and executing research projects and studies that involve GCP (Good Clinical Practices) and large scale or USDA/FDA studies.
TDA Labs is continually expanding its services. We offer a full range of diagnostics that include the use of ELISA, PCR and microbiology. Through the combined resources of our laboratory facilities and our team of experienced staff, we provide rapid answers to herd level problems.
All types of Johne's testing now available
ELISA testing (from the blood) for Johne's disease has long been available in our lab. Johne's fecal culturing and Johne's PCR is now also available in the TDA Laboratories. Johnes confirmation straight from feces can also be done and yields much quicker turn-around time (usually within 3 days) using the same PCR technology. We are proud to be able to bring these service to our lab! Call the TDA laboratories for current prices.